Pages

Sunday, June 27, 2010

'Teach Yourself Beginners Chinese Script'

I just stumbled upon this little book that has some very interesting info on Chinese writing. I wouldn't recommend working through this book for a beginner (despite the title) because it gets complicated quite quickly and expects you to remember a lot of stuff very early on but the information it has in fantastic and worth a read.

The reason I think it is so good is because it explains the origins of the language, how words are formed, how characters are written and also looks at using a Chinese-English dictionary. This info really helps you to understand why certain words are the way they are in Chinese and I found it really helps me to remember words now that I understand how and why they were created that way. Some of these basics are very helpful foundations if you are learning Chinese.

You can check the book out here for free and you can also buy it online at Amazon or other websites.

This is the book's most recent cover as far as I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment